Thursday, May 16, 2013

London in little squares!

In March I made my very first trip to Europe!! It was a dream come true! I've always wanted to travel to London and to study at Central Saint Martins, so when I found early bird flights that matched up with the easter courses dates I grabbed the opportunity! (more on the course in a later post)

I took a crazy amount of photos but some of my favs are actually the ones I took on my Iphone with instagram! I thought I'd start by sharing these :)

I loved every minute of London! Even though it was freeeeeeezing cold I soaked it all in!
I spent most of my days exploring the incredible museums and galleries, walking the busy streets (somehow I kept ending up at crazy oxford circus) and one of the highlights was definitely a morning spent in beautiful Hyde Park! 

As cheesy as it is to admit I really loved seeing the iconic touristy side of London - the red double deckers and phonebooths, the black taxi's and the proudly displayed Union Jack flags <3 

I feel so lucky and grateful to be able to travel the world, to explore, learn and be inspired!
I already can't wait to return to London again one day <3


         Westminster Abbey and door detailing



 sketching the crown jewels at the Tower of London
               The cute houses on the street I stayed on

 The incredible Natural History Museum
 Inside Harrods - and the crazy things you can buy!

 My wheels - we rode these to Buckingham Palace :)
 The Amazing V & A <3 loved loved loved this museum!
 Pretty flowers brighting up London on a rainy day!
View of the millenium bridge from the TATE modern
So cool to see the Lichtenstein exhibition at the TATE modern!

 Message on the tube at Angel
 Crazy Camden markets!!
 Onesie charity dash through London city and over the Tower bridge!!





 The new skyscrapper - the Shard - you can't miss it!
 The travel book store from Notting Hill <3 (it's now a shoe shop)
 Portobello Road
 
The Sea of people at Portobello Road Markets on a Saturday!!! Insane crowds!!
 My coat and beanie purchase - I was still freezing in this!
 scored cheap tickets to a musical (in the splash zone!!)
 The British Museum
 MAD MARCH Blizzard! 
Visiting the Queen at Buckingham Palace

The Beautiful swans of Hyde Park

 Flowers at Carnaby Street <3
 Travelled all over London on the tube!


 brick lane breaky!
 crazy hair - exploring brick lane
 long stem roses for 5 pounds from the Columbia Road flower Markets

 black cat at brick lane
 coloured bins in Shoreditch



Paddington Bear!

 Harry Potter Fan - couldn't miss it!
 Kings Cross Station!
 Oxford circus sunset!
 Borough Food Markets!
 Westfield Stratford 







2 comments:

  1. Great pics! So glad to hear you had a wonderful time in London. Nothing I love more than travelling.


    PS: I'm hosting an Antipodes giveaway and hope you will enter: http://www.underlockandkeyblog.com/2013/05/antipodes-apostle-skin-brightening-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I can't find an email to contact you about working together - could you please contact me at my website www.maisonmatthewgallagher.com

    ReplyDelete