I've noticed a big trend of these cute little triangle flags lately. I think they look really cute!
Firstly I'll show you some pictures that inspired me,
And here is my attempt :-) I found a good tutorial on this blog ! Originally I was going to cheat and just cut out the fabric and leave it one sided, but I'm glad I put the effort in to sew all the flags and turn them inside out. Now I can hang it in my bed room after the party. I ended up making 3 x 5m lengths. It took forever but I was so excited when I finished!
what you need:
- assorted woven fabrics (I chose 7 different patterns) this is a good project to use up old fabric scraps
- scissors/rotary wheel and cutting matt
- Flag template - I made my own (20cm across the top and about 23cm in length)
- sewing machine - thread etc
- bias binding tape
- Iron/ironing board
- ruler (I used my quilting ruler)
I had to quickly hang up one of the 5m lengths to see how it looked when I finished :-)
I really need to get a better photo of the finished product but this give you an idea!